- Provide Canadian dentists a forum for interaction to enhance clinical practice, teaching, research, administration and dental leadership in Canadian hospitals.
- Educate the profession and the public on hospital-based dentistry.
- Act as a resource and provide dental governing bodies and other stakeholders with information and/or direction concerning hospital dentistry issues.
- Develop, in consultation with the members and other stakeholders, national positions and policies which are of importance to the collective of Canadian hospital-affiliated dentists in the promotion of optimal oral health.
- Develop and maintain effective national strategies and programs to communicate with the public and the various stakeholders on all matters within the Association’s mandate.
- Promote unity and harmony, as well as to cultivate fellowship and social relations among its Members and colleagues nationally and internationally.
- Effectively manage the necessary resources so as to enable the fulfilling of the Association’s mandate.