Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Association of Hospital Dentists will be held on September 22nd in Vancouver, BC. Exact details to follow.
The Agenda is in process of being decided but some of the speakers will include:
- Dr. Samson Ng, Specialist in Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology
Title: Beyond lumps and bumps 2.0
Speaker: Dr. Samson Ng
Please join us for this interactive seminar designed to review oral lesions and dental therapeutics that oral care providers commonly encounters in a community practice. This seminar will reinforce the chair-side techniques for head & neck and intra-oral examinations. Techniques for written and photo documentation of oral lesions will also be discussed. The visual presentation and hands-on demonstrations of adjunctive evaluation tools will definitely make these topics interesting and educational. Topics includes, common benign oral lesions, microbial infections, and oral pre-cancerous lesion.
Learning outcome in this interactive seminar
- Consolidate the clinical technique of performing an extra-oral and intra-oral soft tissue examination.
- Ability to diagnosis and treat non-odontogenic oral lesions commonly identified in a community setting.
- Recognize oral lesions/entities that should be ‘red flag’, and discuss the proper initial management.
Samson Ng, BSc(Pharm), DMD, MSc, FRCD(C), FDSRCSEd, Dip. ABOM., Dip. ABOMP is a Canadian and American Board certified oral medicine specialist and oral & maxillofacial pathologist. He is currently appointed as clinical associate professor at the University of British Columbia, and attending staff at the Department of Dentistry of the Vancouver General Hospital. Dr. Ng also operates a private practice which provides comprehensive oral medicine and pathology consultations, with a special interest in oral mucosal and temporomandibular joint diseases.
- Dr. Ben Kang, Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Registration for the 2023 AGM is now closed.